A special synthetic gear oil for CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) – variable-speed gears. It was specially developed for use in continuously variable transmissions with a rigid articulated chain or a steel pull chain. It ensures a flawless operation of an automatic gearbox, guarantees minimal wear, a lasting service life of a transmission and fuel economy.
- The highest-quality unique high-viscosity synthetic base with a high viscosity index in combination with a multifunctional additive package preserves all its properties in a wide range of temperatures: it ensures good lubricating properties at low (-45 °C and lower) temperatures in winter and ensures a stable oil film under extreme loads and at high temperatures in summer;
- The high-technology combination of additives ensures superior friction properties for the chain thus ensuring a significant fuel economy, a continuous and smooth transmission shift and an extended service life of all transmission elements;
- It provides an excellent compatibility with sealing materials, prevents them from swelling, hardening and shrinking thus reducing the costs for spare parts and preventing leakages;
- It has an increased thermal-oxidative and chemical stability and resistance to the high-temperature thermal degradation throughout the entire service life. It allows reducing lacquering, formation of sludge, soot and other carbon deposits, increasing the time between oil changes and ensuring the durability of transmission components thus reducing the equipment maintenance costs;
- Due to the addition of special inhibitors, it effectively protects metal parts from ferrous and non-ferrous alloys from corrosion when both in and not in operation;
- It effectively resists aeration, the foam formation and cavitation, has excellent cooling properties; It has low loss by evaporation;
- It reduces noise.
The oil is a service product that requires a professional approach to selection. Its selection depends on the type of a variable-speed gear instead of the make of a vehicle. The oil has been tried and proved to be effective especially in Autotronic Mercedes-Benz Class A and B gearboxes, and in continuously variable automatic transmissions (Multitronic) in Audi vehicles.