MANNOL 2K-PUR is a two-component polyurethane-based adhesive for reliable bonding and cosmetic repair of various surfaces and parts and especially for repairing leaks and cracks. Quickly and reliably bonds parts made of all plastics and all metals and alloys in any combination. Suitable for concrete, stone and wood. Ideal for quick repairs with long-lasting effects, e.g. for filling cracks and cavities on surfaces of all shapes. Can be used in the repair of vehicles and other machinery as well as in industry, everyday life and offices.
- Cures completely in 20-30 minutes at room temperature, after which any mechanical processing is possible;
- After curing it has exceptional elasticity and high durability, which it retains for a long time;
- Has very high adhesive properties;
- Does not change volume during curing – i.e. does not shrink;
- Does not contain water and solvents, is odourless;
- Thixotropic: When applied, it does not run without external influences;
- Absolutely resistant to water, mould and fungal micro-organisms, oil products;
- Resistant to weather influences and ageing. Withstands temperatures from -60 °C to +120 °C.
1. Thoroughly clean the surfaces to be bonded of old paint and other coatings, dirt, grease and oil deposits. Remove burrs on the front side with a file and shape the pierced surface evenly forming a chamfer. Grind the damaged area with sandpaper within a radius of 5-7 cm around the perimeter of the piercing or the cracks.
2. Degrease using 9691 MANNOL Brake Cleaner. Roughen the surfaces for best results. Allow to dry.
3. Apply an appropriately sized mesh to the inside of the hole or crack to be treated, overlapping the edges of the hole by at least 5 cm. For large holes it is recommended to apply a second layer of mesh, additionally overlapping the first layer by 50 %. On the front side, apply the foil supplied with the kit to the surface to be treated.
Bonding can take place at any temperature and humidity conditions, however a temperature of +10 to +30 °C and a humidity of 50-60 % is optimal.
4. Squeeze out the required quantity of the two components from the double syringe and mix well. The mixing ratio is 1:1. Apply the mixture on the inner side of the reinforcing mesh over the entire treated surface. Smooth out the applied layer with a trowel, taking care not to apply excessive force to avoid squeezing the compound onto the front side.
5. After 10 minutes, remove the foil from the front side, allow the compound to harden and apply MANNOL Epoxy-Plastic 9904 to the treated surface in preparation for further painting.
Setting time 4-6 minutes after mixing. After 8-10 minutes the adhesive is already resistant to deformation. Complete curing takes 20-30 minutes, depending on the surrounding temperature. Do not apply the product at temperatures below 0 °C. Store tightly closed in the original packaging in a cool, dry place at temperatures between +5 °C and +25 °C.