Windshield Sealant is a one-component polyurethane adhesive-sealer for pasting windshields where an increased safety guarantee is not required. It is used for fixing the front, rear and side windows to the bodies of cars, vans, railway transport and special purpose vehicles. The best results are achieved when using an air gun.
Meets the requirements (specification) of Loctite TEROSON PU 8597 HMLC.
The minimum ready time is 1 hour after application, according to FMVSS (USA) and 4 hours according to the most stringent European crash test standard.
- Suitable for applying to the opening of the windscreen made of any material, including aluminum;
- Due to its high initial hardness and exceptionally strong binding properties, no additional fixation of the glass is required;
- Very good resistance to sagging;
- Does not "reach" for the tool;
- High speed of polymerization;
- High shear strength and high shear modulus. Good elasticity even after long-term use;
- Very low electrical conductivity;
- Good adhesion to the residual materials of the old adhesive joint;
- High resistance to UV radiation;
- Excellent adhesion to glass, glass with a ceramic coating and to painted surfaces;
- High European safety standard.
Thoroughly clean the surfaces to be bonded from old glue, paint and other coatings, rust, dirt, grease and oil deposits. Degrease the surface of the windscreen opening at the landing site using 9691 MANNOL Brake Cleaner. Dry. Make sure that there are no damages or defects on the glass surface. To clean the surface and obtain optimal adhesion, it is recommended to sand the glass bonding line with a soft abrasive material. After sanding, clean the surfaces to be bonded using 9974 MANNOL Glas Cleaner and allow the cleaner to dry for 2 minutes. Degrease the surface of the glass using 9691 MANNOL Brake Cleaner. Dry. Heat the cartridge to 50-80 °C for 15 minutes. For large glasses, we also recommend preheating the second cartridge. Apply a thin layer of glue to the bonding points on the glass. It is allowed to apply glue not on the glass, but on the place of its landing in the opening of the windscreen on the body. It is necessary to start applying from the lower edge of the glass in a uniform layer without breaks along the contour and without gaps between the glue layer and the glass. Install the glass in the opening. Press lightly. The glass remains adjustable for 15 minutes. It is advisable to fix with tape, and then leave to dry. Complete polymerization and complete curing of the adhesive takes place within 24 hours. The car is suitable for driving after 1 hour, but in order to avoid displacement of the glass, which can subsequently lead to excessive internal stresses, and then cracks, it is advisable not to use the car at this time. The car itself must be on a flat surface. Bonding is desirable to be performed at room temperature and humidity of 50-60%.